Are you a talented Campaign Public Affairs Officer or are you striving to be one? Can you demonstrate that you have experience responding and advocating for policy and practice developments? If so then you could be perfect for my client, a Social Welfare Charity based in London.
This is a 3 month temp role with the possibility to be extended and to start ASAP. Working from home with 1-3 days in office near Oxford Circus.
The Role: In this Campaign Public Affairs Officer role you'll report to the Head of Campaign and Public Affairs. Specific tasks include:
- Drafting briefings for meetings, parliamentary activity etc.
- Drafting consultation responses for statutory and parliamentary inquiries and consultations.
- Supporting with drafting parliamentary and public affairs elements of influencing strategies and campaign planning.
- Support with Stakeholder mapping across work areas including locally and nationally.
- Support with political monitoring and identifying public affairs.
- Provide influence on new opportunities for the team.
The Candidate: To be considered for the Campaign Public Affairs Officer role you will need to possess experience within a similar role in public affairs for at least 2 years.
Additionally, it's crucial that you possess the following:
- Knowledge about Parliament and how policy translates on the ground.
- Great communicator with the ability to engage and collaborate.
- Able to build strong relationships.
- Proven record of being able to work to tight deadlines and managing your time.
- Ability to collaborative and enjoying working in a small team.
- Eagerness personality to understand the charity mission.