Are you a talented Head of Operations, or are you striving to be one? Can you demonstrate that you have experience overseeing finance, HR and operational activities of a charity? If so then you could be perfect for my client, a Community and Well-being Charity in London. This role is permanent.
The Role: In this Head of Operations role, you will report to CEO. Specific tasks include:
- Develop, lead and implement the HR strategy for all members of the charity.
- Champion a performance culture and oversee employee wellbeing
- Draft and implement annual Learning and Development Plan to support individual and organisational success.
- Oversee and ensure HR management, recruitment and HR policies and procedures
- Line manage 3 individuals (managers) HR & Office Manager
- IT support and training
- Develop and lead on financial strategy and maintain effective financial controls, finance & payroll systems and processing, and monitor and manage budgets.
- Lead on Safeguarding.
- Work with the CEO to develop and implement effective business planning process.
- Work with Heads of Programmes to develop and implement operational aspects of programme delivery as required.
It will be working from home for the time being and then flexibility to work in the London office come September (2-3 days a week).
The Candidate: To be considered for the Head of Operations role you will need to demonstrable significant operations and information management experience. Charity Talent also need you to have prior experience working in finance and HR management.
Additionally, it's crucial that you possess the following:
- Proven leadership and ability in the areas of financial planning and related organisational development.
- Experience of building, motivating and inspiring staff and holding them to account through performance management.
- Experience of ICT management.
- Strong technical accounting and knowledge of relevant taxation (eg. VAT for charities) and legislation.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Third Sector environment and context.
- Ability to Identify strategic aims, anticipate future demands, opportunities and constraints.
- Ability to contribute effectively and constructively as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.