Are you a talented Communications Officer - International Dev, or are you striving to be one? Can you demonstrate that you have experience with supporting the production of publications? If so then you could be perfect for my client, a International Development Charity in London. This role is 6 month temp role with the possibility to extend.
The Role: In this Communications Officer - International Dev role, you will report to Content Manager. Specific tasks include:
- Serve as an in-house editor for the Advocacy and Communications team.
- Manage the production of publications for the organization.
- Provide publishing advice to programme staff based in London and oversees.
- Manage and liaise with external vendors, including editors, translators, graphic designers, printers, photographers, etc.
- Coordinate dissemination planning for publications between the team including drafting key messages for use on social media.
- Support the planning and delivery of priority external events.
- Assist the Senior Communications Officer with logistics for events, including developing applications, and coordinating stakeholder participation.
- Contribute to team-wide communications and knowledge management.
The Candidate: To be considered for the Communications Officer role you will need to demonstrable proven experience with copy-editing reports and other communications materials for a variety of audiences. Charity Talent also need you to have good knowledge of branding. Additionally, it's crucial that you possess the following:
- Proven experience writing and producing high-quality communications materials.
- Excellent computer literacy and use of software packages (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- An ability to work independently, in teams and in a multicultural/multilingual environment