Are you a talented Head of Finance, or are you striving to be one? Can you demonstrate that you have strong financial lead and will be able to take ownership of year end and monthly reporting? If so then you could be perfect for my client, a Children Charity based in London.
This is a permanent role and an ASAP start. It will be hybrid working with a few days in the office near Vauxhall.
This is a great opportunity to grow your own team with a wide range of autonomy.
The Role: As the Head of Finance, you will work closely with the Chief Finance & Operating Officer (CF&OO). Tasks include:
- To help set out the strategic direction, aligned with business plans and fiscal goals.
- You will provide accurate budgeting.
- To monitor the charities income generating streams and provide a full picture of fundraising activities.
- Oversee financial processes and procedures.
- Oversee the probity of staff Management Accounts and Balance Sheet through review and financial analysis.
- Prepare Board Management Accounts and overseeing Trustees Report.
- Lead the organisation budgeting process and half year budget review.
- Assess, Monitor and Control financial/fraud and security risks.
- Ensure effective financial governance through legislative and regulatory compliance and policies
- Review supplier contracts as required.
- Manage auditors and, as required, legal consultants.
The Candidate: To be considered for the Head of Finance, it's crucial that you possess the following:
- Professional Qualification (ACCA/ACMA/CIMA/ACG (ACIS).
- Years of experience in a senior financial management role.
- Charity experience is desirable.
- Experience of delivering the full range of financial and accounting services required by a charity or small business.
- Proactive approach to continual improvement and best practice implementation.
- Experience of administering cloud based accounting systems such as Quickbooks or xero.
- Strong knowledge and demonstrable experience in financial planning.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work successfully across different teams.