We are recruiting for a permanent Head of Fundraising for an NHS Trust.
Location: 3 days in the office near Wembley Park Station (North London) (HA9) or 2 days in Wembley Park and 1 day near Kings Cross Station (N1)
We are seeking a Head of Fundraising who will be responsible for strategic fundraising planning, management, and key relationships.
- Develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate fundraising strategy.
- Lead and motivate a small but mighty fundraising team of 3 people including Manager, Officer and Administrator.
- Provide guidance and expertise on fundraising issues.
- Create long-term strategic fundraising plans aligned with the business plan.
- Manage appeals and use them for growth and sustainability.
- Play a role in shaping the organizational strategy.
- Develop budgets and operational plans, ensuring accountability.
- Cultivate relationships with significant supporters.
- Lead major gift fundraising efforts.
- Implement systems for donor cultivation.
- Set clear objectives and conduct performance management.
- Liaise with the CEO and senior management team on project funding.
- Experience: Successful track record in achieving financial targets, senior-level experience in fundraising or sales/marketing, managing a budget over £1m, leading and managing teams, implementing and evaluating fundraising strategies, and running Appeals.
- Skills and Knowledge: Excellent people management and interpersonal skills, advanced knowledge of Raiser's Edge and JustGiving, budget management, inspirational leadership, strategic thinking, influencing and relationship building, problem-solving skills, and familiarity with fundraising best practices and relevant legislation/charity law.
- Other Requirements: Target-driven, proactive and entrepreneurial mindset, ability to work under pressure and prioritize effectively and being an active and supportive team member.