Charity Talent are recruiting for a Social Welfare Charity; they are recruiting for a Communications Officer to start ASAP. This is a permanent position with hybrid working - head offices are near Bank.
The client is open to a Communication/PR Assistant who is looking for a step up and wants to build on their current experience.
- As the Communications Officer (Regional) you will promote the work of Charity in the media through traditional and digital media channels.
- You will also support the PR & Communications managers and colleagues to deliver and implement external communication strategies and insightful evaluation.
- You will deliver news stories and coverage in significant regional and local media - print, broadcast and digital - through proactive and reactive media activity.
- You will support the national media team in the roll out of national campaigns.
- You will develop and maintain positive relationships with regional and local journalists and media outlets.
- You will identify, interview and write up case studies for use in media, and wider marketing communications channels.
- Participate in the rota for out-of-hours duties as required.
- Provide advice, briefings and support to spokespeople in your region for media interviews and identify new and potential spokespeople.
You will have the following skills:
- Proven media relations experience.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to prioritise work under pressure.
- Experience of working with digital channels/social media.
- Ability to work flexibly within multi-disciplinary teams, including outside core hours.
- Ability to research and produce briefings and materials for the media.
- Demonstrable experience of gaining extensive media coverage.
- Proven ability to produce high quality cross-platform content