Are you a talented Press Officer, or are you striving to be one? Can you demonstrate that you have experience delivering national news stories? If so then you could be perfect for my client, a Faith based Charity in London. This is a 6 month FTC can be full time or part time.
The Role: In this Press Officer role, you'll report to the Media Manager. Specific tasks include:
- Support the Media Manager and colleagues to deliver and implement external communication strategies and insightful evaluation.
- Deliver national news stories and features to achieve national media broadcast, print and digital channel coverage
- Draft, edit and distribute cross-platform press materials
- Identify, interview and write up case studies
- Draft plans for designated national media campaigns and opportunities
- Provide advice to department and service heads on sensitive and complex communications challenges, including within issues management situations
The Candidate: To be considered for the Press Officer role you will need to demonstrable proven media relations experience and strong national media contacts.
Additionally, it's crucial that you possess the following:
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to prioritise work under pressure.
- Ability to research and produce briefings and materials for the media.
- Strong story-telling skills and creativity.
- Ability to draft media strategies, plans and produce insightful evaluation.
- Empathetic towards vulnerable people or people with complex lives