Are you a talented Senior Press Officer, or are you striving to be one? Can you demonstrate that you have experience building charity policy and influencing activity in the media? If so then you could be perfect for my client, a Cancer Charity in London. This is a 12 month FTC, full time and hybrid working with some days in London office near Kings Cross.
The Role: In this Senior Press Officer role, you will be delivering compelling and powerful PR to significantly increase reach and engagement amongst a range of audiences. You will report to Press and PR Manager. Specific tasks include:
- To lead on developing and evaluating proactive media and PR plans.
- Support the engagement of key stakeholders with the charity's policy and influencing campaigns.
- To lead on identifying responses to reactive media opportunities.
- To write impactful and newsworthy content including press releases, statements, blogs, etc.
- To proactively identify opportunities to raise the profile of services and professional training
- Working with the Case Studies Lead, source, pitch and place case study stories in the media.
- Responsible for setting up media interviews and supporting spokespeople.
- Participate in the press office out-of-hours on-call rota to respond quickly and effectively to media enquiries
The Candidate: To be considered for the Senior Press Officer role you will need to demonstrable proven media relations experience and strong national media contacts.
Additionally, it's crucial that you possess the following:
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to prioritise work under pressure.
- Strong internal and external relationship management
- Ability to research and produce briefings and materials for the media.
- Strong story-telling skills and creativity.
- Ability to draft media strategies, plans and produce insightful evaluation.
- Empathetic towards vulnerable people or people with complex lives