Are you a talented Temp Media Manager, or are you striving to be one? Can you demonstrate that you have experience running the press office and managing reactive and crisis comms? If so then you could be perfect for my client, a Social Welfare based Charity in London.
This is an ASAP start, 6 month FTC with the option to go permanent. This role will be hybrid working near Waterloo Station, London, SE1.
The Role: In this Media Manager role, you'll report to the Head of PR and Communications and will be line managing 6 officers. Specific tasks include:
- Run a busy press office which includes managing the out of hours rota.
- Support the rest of the team deal with proactive and reactive media queries, in particular crisis communications.
- Lead on the strategies to promote charity fundraising work.
- Coordinate a team officers to find real life stories and campaigning materials.
- Manage a case studies database of compelling real-life stories.
- Support the production of digital content across different platforms.
- Line manage a team and ensure that individual and team objectives are met.
- Deliver training, advice and support on external communications.
The Candidate: To be considered for the Media Manager role you will need to demonstrable experience in a similar role within PR, communications or journalism.
Additionally, it's crucial that you possess the following:
- Experience working with print, broadcast, digital and social media.
- Experience generating widespread media coverage and digital engagement for awareness campaigns.
- Experience running a press or communications team.
- Excellent writing and editing abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.